Thursday, March 29, 2012

bugs to worry about?

I%26#39;m heading for Siem Reap in January for three weeks and will have my malaria pills with me BUT I%26#39;m wondering what other creatures, other than mosquitos may be around so I%26#39;m ready for them (being a little squeamish about flying stinging things)- are there scorpions, centipedes, wasps, whatever I should know about that may be in my bedsheets or behind curtains? I think I%26#39;ll do better if I%26#39;m prepared to meet and greet them! Thanks!



bugs to worry about?


the 2 main ones that spring to mind, are frogs/toads - they were everywhere around our hotel - trying not to step on them playing pool!



the other is little lizards, saw a little one crawling across my room wall, and another in the bathroom. didn%26#39;t see any spiders or snakes!



where are you staying? our visits will probably cross over, esp as i%26#39;ll be helping out at the hospital too!



bugs to worry about?


ARl837- REALLY?? This is great! I have touched base with KhmerMike who will be there too. I will be there from Jan 4-20, working with the pediatric hospital only, Angkor Hospital, consulting with the lab. I know there is more than one hospital there but I am working only with them. I leave Boston on the 2nd officially but won%26#39;t arrive until the AM of the 4th. Which hospital are you going to be associated with?



Thanks for the info. I assume the little lizards will be anoelis which I love, see them in the caribbean all the time. The reptile things don%26#39;t bother me, its the stinging, mostly flying bugs that I worry about, having been bitten badly by a ball wasp on St Martin a couple of years ago with quite the reaction. They have scorpions on St. John in the USVI but we do get warned to look for those.



Maybe we should trade private emails- how is that done here?




shame, it looks like i%26#39;ll miss you by a matter of days!



Didn%26#39;t really see any wasps etc - something i%26#39;m wary of as i%26#39;m allergic to their stings too.



I%26#39;ve got to drop khmermike an email, but been rather busy this week printing up 6 copies of my phd thesis!



my email is anna_837@yahoo.co.uk




Asungot, why would I worry about Klingons- they did eventually come around so while they may be on the rough side, I think they are our friends now right? I%26#39;ll check with Warf. Gremlins look squashible. But thanks for the warnings!




The Klingon%26#39;s name is Worf.



meeting scorpions, wasps centopedes and whatever ended up with a Star Trek character?





Long live and prosper!




I%26#39;ve never noticed too many creepy crawlies with the exception of plenty of geckoes, lots of little frogs hopping around nad even finally got a glimpse of a snake! Oh, most hotels will have ants running around, but those are really no problem either.

No comments:

Post a Comment