Thursday, March 29, 2012

Customs at the Border

I am planning to propose to my girlfriend at Angkor Wat. Obviously, I will already have the ring. My question is...





Will I have trouble getting the ring across the border at PoiPet? Thanks.





Customs at the Border


I don%26#39;t see any reason why you would have a issue. Just don%26#39;t keep it in your pocket when you go through security. Don%26#39;t want to blow the secret through customs. Keep it locked up in a backpack or luggage someplace hidden well.



Customs at the Border


I should add something to this. I don%26#39;t like to bring any Jewelry when Im on vacation. My moto is if you can%26#39;t afford to have it lost or stolen then don%26#39;t bring it.





I proposed to my wife in Barcelona. I took a page out of my friends book who proposed to his wife in France. Goto some place like a walmart or cheap trinket store and get a FAKE Prop Ring for $5 - $25 dollars. Get something that looks nice, leave the real one at home.





That is what I did. When we got back from vacation, I took her out to dinner to give her the real one. She will be excited about the proposal in such a beautiful place and you will have the peace of mind knowing that if that ring is lost or stolen you are simply out a few bucks and the real one is safe at home.




I would second what the other poster said - take a fake ring. You then don%26#39;t have to worry about pickpockets, etc.





Also, know what you%26#39;re doing when you cross via PoiPet. Read talesofasia.com and I highly recommend you have someone waiting you on the Cambodia side. I can give you a recommendation if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment