Wednesday, April 25, 2012

urgent help please ,travelers cheques

I was in cambo last year and got by very happily drawing money from my nationwide debit card .However i have a holiday booked for december and it is very sad watching the pound keep falling .I have decided that if goes below 160 again i will not go .





however for this weekend i have 162 available to me commision free dollar traverl cheques ,slightly above the interbank rate .I think i should by as it is a rate I can live with .How ever what i need to know is, how is it cash to my dollar tc%26#39;s in pp siaem reap and shinouknile and very important how much will it cost me ,





i really would like an answer as i belive he pound will go down more and by monday i will miss this rate .I know it may go up again but i have to change it now while i can live with this rate .





look forward to any answers you can give me .





thank you in advance



urgent help please ,travelers cheques


what r u trying to say?





%26#39; How ever what i need to know is, how is it cash to my dollar tc%26#39;s in pp siaem reap and shinouknile and very important how much will it cost me %26#39; ???





tc%26#39;s stands for?



urgent help please ,travelers cheques


tc,s stand for travelrs cheques




I still dont really get what u meant.





Why cant u cash it before you go to Cambodia. Cash it to dollar would be wise, coz dollar is another legal tender in cambodia.





Make sure they will accept it there? Sorry if I dont answer your question.




if i wanted cash then i would of be buying dollars for the same rate in cash .Cash is not secure and cannot be insured and so I have bought dollar travelrs cheques ,at rate that i find exceptable .I am doing this in case the pound falls further against the dollar, and my trip may become too expensive .I have now prurchased dollar travelers cheques today at rate of 162 to the pound .so now i do not have to wrry about the pound falling further and making my trip unafordable .In more stable times i would just use my nationwide debit card ,but i am betting the pound will go down much more .It may go up but, i have bought now at a rate i can live with .





and 162 to i slightly higer than the interbank rate .the rate was as low as 151 the other week .





anyway i hope you get it now.I know they dollar is used over their and this is why I bought dollar checks with my pounds ,i will not be changing them just cashing them .and from what i can gather will be about 2% fee to cash .




You will pay 2-3% to cash them, most places charge 3%.




thanks mate ,so i hope to find the 2% places then .do any in pp sr and shinoukvile .




I am not paying 3% so anyone know of any palces charging 2 would apreciate the information thank you .

No comments:

Post a Comment