Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Beware of moto driver deception

On arrival by bus at Sihanoukville I gave the moto driver the name of the place I wanted to stay but he took me to the Makara Hotel. Obviously he was paid by bookings he brought to the establishment. While it appeared clean and acceptable I checked the place out on the internet and found it was unacceptable at night because of the noise from the beach bars. It would appear from forums that others had been taken in by this ploy. I insisted I be taken to the place I requested. That night I took a walk along the beach and found the noise from the beach parties in the area of the Makara would make sleep very difficult.



Beware of moto driver deception




When you hire transportation in Cambodia , before you get on/in , be sure the driver knows %26#39;Exactly%26#39;where you want to be taken and how much the fare will be . There are too many moto drivers in from the villages with too few passengers so they try to up their income with commission from accomodation . If they do not understand you , find a driver who does , they need the work .



Beware of moto driver deception


Same happened to me. They wanted to take me to Makara or GST. These are the 2 worst hotels in Sville, they pay big commissions to motos and tuktuks to get customers because that is the only way they will get customers who usually check-out after 1 horrible night.



It%26#39;s like anywhere in Asia. Don%26#39;t believe a taxi/tuktuk/moto driver when he says that the hotel you want to go to is closed/full/dirty/ etc etc




I was take to the makar also .dump for what you get .I only stayed 2 nights .the next day i found agood reliable driver who drove me aroung to many other paces to cheak out .I adventualy stayed on the hill .I arranged for my driver my driver to pick me uo the next day so i could move .I checked out and had breakfast at the makara and went to meet my driver .at this point the guy who originaly brought me here came to pick me up as the hotel contacted him probaly so he could get a fare .he tod to use him and tell the ohter guy to go a way .i said no i have already arranged and my driver that i had arranged was much more trustworth and less pushy .





He got really angry with my driver and the hotel manger had to calm the stituation down .I even offered the guy a couple of dollars for his trouble, but insisted i was not chnaging my choice of driver .he followed us for about a mile down the road coursing us .





next tie i will now where i am going and where to stay before i arrive as suggested on here for me use candypublications and tales of asi to find aplace to stay .

No comments:

Post a Comment