Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Paragon Hotel

This is long overdue!





I would like to mention the fantastic stay I had at the Paragon Hotel in Phnom Penh!





The staff went out of their way to ensure my stay was good; they advised me of correct taxi prices, safe places to go and good restaurants to try.





The room was beautiful! Spacious, clean with everything I need.





The view from the balcony was spectacular! So much, that I used to wake at dawn to see the sun rise, as I sipped coffee and took photographs! (I work as a photographer)





At $35.00 per night it was simply great value. I look forward to visiting again soon!





Joe



The Paragon Hotel


I found the Paragon quite nice but the trouble is actually arranging a booking.





I stayed there in March this year and am looking to book something for March 2009.





The problem I had with the Paragon is that they didn%26#39;t hold my requested room, despite my arranging airport pick up with them.





Actually I think it was entirely by chance that they actually had a room to give me when I arrive - I had to wait about 3 hours for a room similar to what I had booked.





I enjoyed the location and the room was nice enough but I don%26#39;t trust them to hold a room for me for my next trip as I%26#39;m arriving at 6 pm.





They do take a while to respond to emails but have got better over the past 8 months - earlier this year I got no reply to emails or the fax I sent and had to phone them to ask that they check for my email (I was told the fax machine wasn%26#39;t working).



The Paragon Hotel


I agree with you absolutely. I had tried to email/phone the hotel in advance, and had no satisfaction.





I actuallly arrived in Phnom Penh and, literally, turned up on their doorstep.





I did mention the problems trying to contact them!





Hopefully, they will pay more attention to their reservation system in the future!





Lovely staff, though; very helpful.





Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment