Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Bangkok, Angkor Wat, and Phnom Penh

I am planning a trip to Cambodia and Thailand in January. Unfortunately I will only have about 13 days in the area and want to make the best use of my time. My primary goal is Angkor Wat and the area temples. Besides that I am looking at spending a day or two on Phnom Penh. Is it worth going to Phnom Penh or should I spend more time at Angkor Wat and Thailand? Is it necessary to go with a tour or can a resourcful traveller find their way around without knowing the language? What are some good areas to visit around Bangkok? Wish I had more time, but such is life.

Thanks for any help.

Bangkok, Angkor Wat, and Phnom Penh

Go on your own! (Tour= boring, no freedom)

Spend 4 days in the Angkor area, 2 days in Phnom Penh and the rest in Thailand. Phnom Pneh is a charming little city and it woudl be a waste to ignore it while you%26#39;re there. You can take a bus to Phnom Penh from Siem Reap- it%26#39;s about 5 hours and costs $10.

Bangkok, Angkor Wat, and Phnom Penh

Fully agree. PP is one of my favorite cities in the world - I find it very relaxing and great to hang out in. Its history will give you a good contrast to Angkorian temples.

  • kind of bacteria
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment