Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Help for a couple of fuddy duddy's

This site is so helpful when planning our little adventures and I need your input again!Flying to Bangkok February, spending a few nights there and then into Cambodia, then my problems start - intially I thought coach to Siem Reap for 3/4 days then back to BKK then maybe Koh Samui for a week or so then back to BKK for journey home but now I%26#39;m thinking 3 days SR, maybe 2 in PP, then some relaxing time in Sihanoukville, (bit worried about some of the posts, how safe is it for a couple of mid-fifties)or should be we make our way back into Thailand. Any forthcoming advice will be much appreciated.





Help for a couple of fuddy duddy's


What exactly are you worried about, and where?



Mid fifties is young young, and if the usual safety precautions are observed then I would say you would be very unlucky to have any problems.



Bethspoon



Help for a couple of fuddy duddy's


My husband and I are in our mid 60%26#39;s and we took our first trip to Asia this past spring. Never once in our 5 week trip did we have any sense of unease for our safety. But, as noted by bethspoon, we took our usual precautions and didn%26#39;t venture out after dark to lonely/questionable places. Cambodia, and Siem Reap, were the highlight of our trip.




Take a look at our recent trip to Cambodia to see what this mid 50ish guy got up to.





Siem Reap, Phnom Penh %26amp; Sihanoukville I considered all to be very safe. Even the police that stopped us were quite friendly and accepted a reduced fine payment with a smile.





Pics and stories of our trip here... www.thebobmarsh.com





Happy %26amp; safe travels




Thanks for the comments I sound like a complete wuss don%26#39;t I, I was reading something involving a gun, a scooter, a policeman and 2 females in a 4 x 4 in Sihanoukville. We%26#39;ve had a few trips to Asia and fortunately met with very little trouble and we must enjoy it as we keep going back!



Still can%26#39;t make my mind up about the route though.




Please don%26#39;t let my police comment have a negative impact on your travel plans. It was nothing at all.





We were in the wrong, no helmet, no bike rego etc and a after $1 fine each we all departed smiling to each other.





3 full days in SR, 2 in PP and a few days as you suggest in Sihanoukville sounds great. Make sure you do the half price happy hour cocktails at Raffles Hotel in PP.





Happy %26amp; safe travels




If it is any consolation I am the same age demographic and have just done 13 days in Cambodia (your itinerary is similar to what I did) and I was travelling solo. No problems at all. My only suggestion is to shout yourselves a flight from Bkk to Siem Reap. I never spoke to anyone who complimented the road trip. Also, when at Sihanoukville make a point of checking out Otres Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment