Saturday, April 21, 2012

trip reports, not just the guides

We are planning our trip to Cambodia and Laos and most of this forum is about the guides, which is important. But to me, i want to hear about the trip reports and what you found interesting, and not about your trip. Please fill me in on what you found interesting and what to avoid....then i will find a guide.

thanks in advance

trip reports, not just the guides

Here here charley. I couldn%26#39;t agree more.

trip reports, not just the guides

Hey Charley,

Do you know about the Travelblog site?

No advertising/ spamming allowed, only traveler%26#39; daily updates as they go. I find it great to get real up-to-date information, as it is happening. For example the weather conditions the day before I travel etc. Most diary entries include photos too so you%26#39;ll get to see your destinations many times over before you really do see them. Nothing beats the real thing though. Good luck. Here is the link to the Cambodian forum.

www.travelblog.org/Asia/Cambodia/

Regards

Coop


thanks so much. when i first found TA, it was TOTALLY different and the CAmbodia forum is really different that all the others i have used.

will spend time on your suggestions...thank you thank you


Hi Charley

check out my Just Back Report (JBR Cambodia Just Wonderful)

We didn%26#39;t use a guide, and are already planning return trip in 2010 - again - no guide, Can happily recommend tuk tuk driver if you wish - will not post details here but can PM anyone interested.

cheers

helen


Hi Helen,

I have just printed off your JBR Cambodia review and I%26#39;m trying to find your photos on photobucket, but am having no success. There are over 29,000 photos of Cambodia on the site.Could you let me know in more detail how to find your photos please? The link in the review does not work for me. Many thx.

Cooperellie


Cooperellie - I just had my first look at travelblog.org and want to thank you for mentioning it. This is one site I did not know about. I love to read JBR%26#39;s and I have a feeling I will have to set aside a large block of time to do this site justice!


Hi Newfie,

Be careful...............it%26#39;s addictive! I spent hours and hours reading other peoples reports before I went to Vietnam this year and not only did I gather heaps and heaps of relevant info, I also really felt I got to know some of the travellers personally through their stories and ideas. If one particular traveller caught my attention (usually they had a great sense of humour) I would follow them long after their Vietnam portion of their trip just to see what they were up to cause it usually is interesting reading. I guess it%26#39;s sort of like ';Big Brother'; but hey..they put it out there for the world to see, so I don%26#39;t feel like I%26#39;m spying.You can also email these people direct if you want to ask them a question - there%26#39;s a link at the bottom of each report.

Anyway, I%26#39;m glad I helped someone as so many people have helped me along the way in my travel plans through these forums.

Good Luck

Cooperellie


ok, thmoore, how do i find your blog...addiction coming on, isee


Hi Cooperellie,

I know what you mean! We are heading to Palau and the Philippines in the spring and I thought I would just have a quick look to see if anyone had posted blogs on these places. Palau is particularly hard to find information on. Imagine my surprise and pleasure to find a dozen or more reports on Palau - was just going to read one but ended up reading for a hour or so. Thanks again for posting the url.

Happy travels.


Hi,

Have you visited this site? It has also some good readings.

http://www.talesofasia.com/index.htm

  • microsoft web hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment