Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A word of thanks to Peace of Angkor Villa

I just returned from Siem Reap. I have fallen in love with beautiful Cambodia! I will go back for much longer next time…





I would like to comment on the Peace of Angkor Villa in Siem Reap. What a little gem of a hotel! My stay there was so special…





The Villa has an atmosphere that is simply magical…staying there is, literally, a truly peaceful experience! I came to love spending evenings, chatting with fellow travellers, sipping coffee on the balcony and savouring the tranquility of the area.





The rooms were well sized, clean and comfortable. And GREAT value!!





The staff was simply fantastic.





A special mention of the lovely receptionist, Polly, who is such a wonderful Khmer girl; fantastic English, great sense of humour and so very helpful to all guests! A treasure of a girl!





Dave, the owner is a really great guy. A hugely talented photographer who should be published in National Geographic magazine, he is ridiculously modest about his wonderful photography! He organises photographic tours too, though I just didn’t have the time to attend.





He is a great host, offering invaluable advice to all us travellers!





The food and drink and service in the Peace of Angkor Villa are great value and of a high standard! I actually ate there most nights; something I rarely do in hotels I stay in.





The serene atmosphere was simply too good to want to be elsewhere…





I really felt like a friend to the people there when I was leaving…





I could not recommend this place enough! Thanks so much, Dave, Polly and all the staff for a beautiful time and introduction to the lovely Siem Reap…I’ll be back, I promise…





Joe (the sunburnt photographer from Ireland!)



A word of thanks to Peace of Angkor Villa


Hi Joe,



This sounds like a great place to stay and it must have been good for you to stay in each night.



We will write down the details and try this place when we go to Cambodia in 2010.



Cheers for the advice,



Pete.



A word of thanks to Peace of Angkor Villa


Thans Pete, it is a great place to stay in Siem Reap





Joe




Hi Joe,



What sort of prices were the meals at the hotel, i think these days people are interested in all costs to do with travel.



Cheers again,



Pete.




Nearly everything on the menu was $4.50! Great value and great food, Peter!





Joe




The trips are pretty good too. I went on the Beng Mealea trip and the guide was the most helpful I have ever come across just about anywhere, nothing was too much. He even asked if we wanted to go somewhere else on the way back in case we hadnt seen enough and we went about 10 miles out of our way to check out some lesser visited temples.



Nice place to stay, nice people and surroundings not too far from the centre of Siem Reap but far enough away to be peaceful.




Thanks Joe!



Will definitely make a note of this for my next Visa Run there.





Regards



Chantal




It%26#39;s well worth the experience, Chantal! very unlike any other hotel I have ever stayed in! You really do become part of the Villa family...I really miss being there...





Joe




Sounds like a great place to stay Joe, cant wait till we are back there again.



Cathy




Sounds great Joe, this Peace of Angkor Villa in Siem Reap, how can I make contact, is there a website. Is it advisabe just to turn up in the months mentioned on the next sentence. My missus and I are over for the first time in mid-Jan to early Feb 2009 and were really looking forward to it, especially as were meeting my best pal whose been in Sihanoukville for two years now. We%26#39;d love to visit Angkor Wat, especially as I became involved with Buddhism a few years ago, although sadly not so much now, maybe after Cambodia! How far is this villa from the main atractions? and any good tips about travelling in Cambodia. I think my mate knows a good driver, and did you do Snooky and the Russian market in PP. Anyway all the best and nice to read your recommendations.





Phildale




Hi,





I was lucky enough to just turn up and get a room.





As a photographer and journalist, I usually travel alone, so it%26#39;s rarely a problem.





I am sure if you email the guys they will reply.





Enjoy!





Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment