Thursday, March 29, 2012

Villa Siem Reap package or on my own

I%26#39;m spending 4 days / 3 nights in SR in Feb and I%26#39;m trying to decide where to stay. I%26#39;m a woman traveling alone. I asked Villa Siem Reap how much their ';3 Nights Super Value Package'; would be for one person and it%26#39;s $217. That includes 2 days of temple transport (including a trip to Banteay Srei) breakfasts, lunch packs and 1 day of a temple guide. Is this a good deal? If I get a $25 room for 3 nights, including breakfast, will i spend another $140 on transport and a guide?





Thanks in advance!



Villa Siem Reap package or on my own


You figure it out-



A tuk-tuk woudl be $12-$15 per day and a car $20 per day ($5-$10 more to get to Banteay Srei), plus and English-speaking guide an additional $25 per day.



Villa Siem Reap package or on my own


Hello Adomatic





To the post above, you have only to add the cost of your accommodation. There is plenty to choose from. I am travelling alone to Siem Reap in March. I have booked at Baca Villa for $10 US for a single air con room. Check out www.baca-villa.com Will you let me know how you get on. I am trying to get all the info I can about the best (and most economical) way to see Siem Reap for a single person.





Thanks




Tuk-tuk for the day is $12 for closer sites, $18 or so to the furthest. (A car or van would be $10/day more, but the guesthouse will probably only provide a tuk-tuk.) Lunch is only $5/day max., and the breakfast s/b included in the room rate. (Our $30 hotel gave us a huge breakfast w eggs cooked to order, fruit, and granola/yogurt.) Their 2-day transport package only includes one day with a guide? That%26#39;s $25. Hotel%26#39;s cost for your $140 tour and transport is about $65 (assuming they%26#39;re paying the tourist rate, which they aren%26#39;t!). It%26#39;s easy to get a tuk-tuk, some are almost guides in their own right. Our driver had excellent English and was studying to be a guide. But only official guides can enter temples with you. We just used the guidebook (and if you don%26#39;t have one don%26#39;t worry, the kids will find you!!!). Traveling alone will not be unsafe, and it should be really easy to find someone to share a tuk-tuk with.




cambodia is really easy to just get there and do everything yourself .u will save heaps and have a better time.average cost for a guesthouse is 10 to 13 dollars usd,air cond,fridge large tv all have 80 channels in siem reap..most hotels and g/h are within walking distance to pub street ,old market ect,actaully in siem reap for a week atm and its so quite with tourist so enjoy the low numbers while it lasts...also there are over 300 guesthouses and hotels in town most would be less than a half full now..tuk tuk are about 10 usd a day there are 1000s of them and very few customers..u will not need a guide to see the temples




I stayed here in oct 08 , but did not use the package. I had the budget room at $20 a night on ground floor which was extremely comfortable and great value.( bar fridge- in room safe- tv- great bathroom- double bed) I wasnt aware of the package deal but was meeting with friends who had arranged transport separately. We did not get a guide and thats a personal choice---- we did eavesdrop on guides at angkor and I suspect wed have learnt more if we had gotten our own.





Two canadians I spoke with did use the package, and were extremely happy with it.They had a great guide as well, and spoke highly of the experience.




Thanks! I booked the Encore Angkor since it seemed more central and I%26#39;m getting a guide for 2 days thru Sage Insights Tours (recommended by a friend in PP). I will probably book a tuk-tuk beforehand, once I nail down my SR itinerary.





How much should a tuk-tuk cost from the bus station (?) to Encore Angkor (near Pub St.)?





Thanks!




If you%26#39;re on the Mekong Express, they arrange free tuk-tuk service fromt the bus station to the hotels. Sometimes the tuk-tuk driver will try to hit you up for a tip, but this is a FREE SERVICE. DO NOT PAY!




Wow! Great to know! Thanks Maneki-neko! I will be taking Mekong Express. I see that they have a 7:30am and 8:30am to and from SR. Is the bus to/from PP 5 hours? I%26#39;m wondering if I should try to see the sunrise at Angkor Wat on the day I return to PP.




It%26#39;s 6 hours by bus form SR to PP. You can catch the sunrise, then grab a tuk-tuk or moto or whatevre to the bus station. Buses are leaving all the time in the morning, and there are several others comparable to Mekong Express that have departures almost every quarter hour from 8-9:00am...

No comments:

Post a Comment