Thursday, March 29, 2012

travel with children

wow, I can%26#39;t believe there are people in their 20%26#39;s on this forum warning of the dangers of travelling with children. Will you just stop travelling when you have children? We have travelled with our child; 9 years old now since she took her first 12 hour flight at 3 months old. Two completely full passports later she is still travelling several times a year with us now and loving every minute. We just returned from another Xmas in New York and planning a week away over Easter to Siem Reap. She is completely into it. Travelling with children makes you see things and do things you wouldn%26#39;t ordinarily do. When we were in India we voluntered at an orphanage for the day, which was her idea and it was a great experience. I really recommend it.



travel with children


I couldn%26#39;t agree more. My son is 9 and he has been travelling o/s since he was 5 (not as well travelled as yours) and he loves it. I include him in the planning of the trip to make sure he knows there are things that he will enjoy. He is very adventurous and I end up doing heaps that normally I wouldn%26#39;t even try.





It is also such a good learning experience for them. He knows a lot more about cultures etc than I ever did at his age.





On the other hand, I wouldn%26#39;t deliberately take him somewhere that was unsafe.





Enjoy Siem Reap, we loved it.



travel with children


I agree also...I have children aged from 25 down to 3. They have all travelled since they were babies...mostly in SE Asia. I have seen and experienced things I would not have if I%26#39;d been travelling with just adults, and I believe they have the edge on children who have not travelled, especially in terms of their %26#39;social consciences%26#39;.



I don%26#39;t understand why so many people (in this forum) warn against it. Plan properly and there is no problem. My 2 cents worth....




For my money, travelling with my kids gave them a better education than my nephew got at his very expensive private school.




Actually I just remembered the most dangerous part of travelling with children - having to visit every Disneyland in the world over and over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment