Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cambodian Beaches?

Are there some really great, authentic beaches to visit in Cambodia?





We are looking for sun, sand, and few creature comforts (accomodations with A/C, toilet, shower).



Cambodian Beaches?


I don%26#39;t know what makes a beach ';authentic'; (it having sand?) but Sihanoukville is a nice place to chill out for a few days. Serendipity beach is nice, has plenty of accommodation %26amp; is central to town, and Otres beach is a lovely walk away where you can go sun your buns for the day...



Cambodian Beaches?




There are a multitude of %26#39;Authentic %26#39; beaches in Sihanook-ville , they ALL have genuine sand or pebbles , LOL .You can get it all from almost isolated to fairly crowded , with services or without , but what you are seecking is definitely available , plus the waters are comparatively unpoluted .



The biggest attraction by far will be the genuinly happy , helpfull locals , very few false smiles or %26#39;2%26#39; faces as is prevelant in Thailand .Come , relax and enjoy , it is all here .




It is interesting to note the ';cultural changes'; as you walk from Serendipity beach to Otres. Serendipity is full of bikini-clad foreigners, sunning themsleves and swilling beer. Then you walk down to Occheuteal beach, where you get the Cambodian families all swimming in their clothes, then the strip of nothingness between that and Otres (I wouldn%26#39;t walk there at night, folks, way too secluded!) and then the pure bliss of Otres! Loved that place!




Hey Karen,



I was thinking about staying at the Star Bar (or Star Bungalows) at Otres Beach. Did you happen to see the place while you were there? The phots of the beach look awesome.





PS. I loved all your photos on Facebook.





Thanks



Coopy




Coopy



No, I didn%26#39;t seee it but I%26#39;ve heard about it. The entire area looked nice at Otres. I think I%26#39;d opt to stay there next time because at Serendipity, the bars had that awful music blasting all night long! I could even hear it through my earplugs!




Has anyone stayed at Otres? We are looking for a reasonably priced place near or on the beach?




I had a look inside the Star Bar Bungalows at Otres %26amp; they looked great 7 are right on the beach




Hi Gogirl,



The photos on their web look fab and I would be more than happy to stay there, but I am travelling with a friend who is more of a fuss pot. Did you notice if there was air con and spring beds? Was the room really basic or much nicer? I know you stated they looked great, but your great and my firend%26#39;s great may probably differ.





Anything extra you can add would be ';great';





Coopy




I don%26#39;t think they were spring beds - I think they were cane bed frames ( not sure of mattress type). Have a feeling they were not air conned ! Sorry - hard to remember as didn%26#39;t stay but was looking for future possible trip. They were basic but nice basic 9 may not suit your fusspot!! Hope that helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment